Tue, 23 February, 2021
As we all attempt to work and live in our “new normal” as a result of COVID-19, we would like to remind our certificate holders and those checking the validity of certificates to keep vigilant. 2020 and the start of 2021 has been a difficult for everyone; here in TWI Certification Ltd (TWI CL) we introduced new policies and procedures to enable our certificate holders to continue working with a valid certificate as they wait for lockdown measures to ease and have the opportunity to sit recertification examinations. These measures, while welcomed and easing the impact COVID-19 has had on those seeking to recertify, they have also caused some unwanted side-effects.
The introduction of our COVID-19 policy, to extend the validity of certificates that meet specific requisites, has, unfortunately, also caused an increase in unscrupulous behaviour. In the past 12 months we have witnessed individuals seeking extensions to certificates that expired long before the COVID-19 pandemic, others claiming that they have been granted an extension when they have not, and, even worse again, more incidents of forged certificates.
As such, we would like to take this opportunity to remind all our certificate holders, or anyone seeking to verify a CSWIP or BGAS-CSWIP certificate, of the following:
- The validity of CSWIP and BGAS-CSWIP certificate can, and should, be checked on the CSWIP verification webpage
- Any certificate that had its validity extended, under TWI CL’s Personnel Certification COVID-19 policy, will have the date of expiry updated on the verification webpage
- Do NOT post copies of your CSWIP or BGAS-CSWIP certificates or ID cards online (in full or partial). This provides a template for people to create forgeries and gives access to valid certificate numbers and certification officer names and signatures
- The CSWIP verification webpage is free to use and certificate holders or persons responsible for checking the validity of certificates should use this to check every certificate
- Please do not accept a certificate and/or ID card at face value – please use the verification webpage for confirming validity – any questions, queries or reports of forged certificates can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all our certificate holders, volunteers and staff for their patience, understanding and hard work during what has been a trying time for us all. We will continue operating as much as possible while abiding by government and WHO guidelines to maintain the level of service that you have come to expect.