Thu, 11 February, 2021
We are delighted to announce that, TWI Certification Ltd (TWI CL) has been nominated and accepted for registration as a member of the International Committee for Non-Destructive Testing (ICNDT) – The World Organisation for NDT.
The ICNDT is a non-profit organisation devoted to the international development of the science and practice of Non-Destructive Testing in conjunction with individual NDT Societies and recognised continental groupings of NDT Societies.
Having undergone a thorough review and assessment by the current members of ICNDT, in December 2020, TWI Certification Ltd (TWI CL) was formally registered as an ICNDT Personal Certification Body (PCB). As a member TWI CL will be dedicated to upholding the ICNDT’s Code of Practice and supporting it in achieving its goals, which include:
- Promoting Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) at an international level
- Promoting international collaboration in all matters relating to NDT
- Encouraging the development, strengthening and cooperation between new and existing NDT societies
- Encouraging the formulation of international standards of NDT in collaboration with other bodies
- Promoting best practice in NDT and encouraging international harmonisation
For our CSWIP certificate holders the benefit is great, not only is it testament to TWI CL’s commitment to providing NDT certification to the highest standards, but it also means that any CSWIP NDT certificates issued after the 17 December 2020, are now accepted and recognised by all ICNDT registered PCB’s across the world!
While CSWIP certificates are already widely accepted within the global industry, ICNDT membership means that this recognition has formal approval by Certification Bodies’ across the globe.
More information about TWI CL’s NDT certification schemes can be found here.